Sunday, September 23, 2012

Still going....


Still going on the custom quilt, it's getting to the pointy end!

I layed it out the other night; 


after trimming them all and admiring :)


I was admiring the yummy scraps that came off too! So bright and cherry in the bin.


after the borders, I layed it out and check the fit. I was going for about a king size, and my bed is queen, so I'm pretty happy! 


The hardest thing about a custom order is keeping the balance! Creatively, I like lots of different projects on the hop, for different moods, or dependant on whether I can get off the couch or not at the end of the day!

I have been looking at these gorgeous bag patterns for a while, having followed Anna's blog for a while. I have tried a few of her tutorials and liked them, so I splurged on the weekend and bought her bag patterns 241 and Sidekick.

I started with the 241 pattern the other night. So quick- a 2hr movie on the laptop (the amazing Aussie movie Beautiful Kate) and it was printed, cut out and half finished! The rest done this morning.






I used denim, some DS Quilts print from Spotlight, and some of my fave honeycomb red spot. Vintage floral lining.


 And the denim? Chopped from a pair of my sister's old jeans! They came from my bad habit of looking through her bag of stuff for the op shop I had in the car boot! Hmmm, I'll add them to the pile! and they were very handy!

For the side panels I used the bottoms of the legs, and for the strap the upper part. So they are different shades as well. Which I think looks really nice!


Hmm, now to decide whether to keep or sell! It's pretty cute....

3 comments:

Jodie said...

That quilt is awesome!

Unknown said...

Love the quilt. That fabric is perfect for it. I love brights against white.

Cas said...

wow, love that quilt! visiting from blogtober :) cheers